Since inception in 1995 the North Harbour Club & CharitableTrust has awarded over $1.85 million worth of grants to youth achieving excellence in the North Harbour region. Our grant totals make the North Harbour Club one of the largest donors to individuals in New Zealand.
Arts - Sponsored by ASB
Innovation - Sponsored by Massey University
Music - Sponsored by Yamaha Home Entertainment
Education - Sponsored by Kristin School
Sport - Sponsored by AUT Millennium
Service to the Community - Sponsored by Albany Toyota
Our top awards for those aged between 14 and 25 years of age, recognising and rewarding their excellent achievements in their chose category. An AIMES Awards Supreme Winner is selected from these recipients every year to recieve the Sir Peter Black Trophy.
EMERGING TALENT AIMES AWARDS
Sponsored by Bellingham Wallce
Recognising individuals aged between 14 and 25 years of age who display considerable promise in any of the above categories, many of whom go on to win main awards in following years. Our panel of judges will determine whether an applicant fits into the Emerging Talent or main AIMES Award section.
JUNIOR EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Sponsored by Library Lane (NZ Force Construction)
Exclusively for those applicants aged 10 - 13 years. All other entry criteria and award categories remain the same. Entrants aged 10 - 13 will be judged only against others in their age range.
The values granted to each individual is at the sole discretion of the Judging Panel. These do often change depending on various application factors however are approximately:
$15,000 for main Category AIMES Awards
$5,000 for Emerging Talent AIMES Awards
$3,000 for Junior Excellence Awards
To be eligible to apply for an AIMES Award, applicants must:-
- Be aged between 10 - 25 years as at application closing date. (10-13 yrs for Junior Excellence, 14-25 yrs for Emerging Talent and AIMES)
- Have lived in the North Harbour region and/or can demonstrate a strong affiliation with the North Harbour region for a period of not less than three calendar years.
- Be able to demonstrate the achievement of excellence in their chosen field.
- Be able to complete all sections and meet the expectations of the application form in full as requested.
BEFORE STARTING, make sure you have the following:
- Scanned copy of your birth certificate
- Scanned copy of your passport
- Names and contact details for two referees
Click here to head directly to the online application form.
Once you have completed the basic information on your application, you will be emailed a link to update anytime until the closing date. Just make sure you click 'Save' instead of 'Submit Now'.
Christie Parkin | Events & Admin
firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 277 0699